Conference sponsorship is an excellent way for businesses to showcase their products or services to a specific audience. However, many companies struggle to get the most out of their sponsorship investment due to a lack of clear goals and expectations. In this article, we will explore some strategies for maximising the benefits of conference sponsorship, including identifying your target audience, creating engaging experiences, and measuring your return on investment. Whether you're a seasoned sponsor or considering sponsoring a conference for the first time, this article will provide you with valuable insights on how to make the most of your investment.
In terms of marketing, two goals can be set for cooperation:
a) raising awareness
b) collection of contacts
Awareness is a difficult metric to measure, because the positive effect could manifest only after several years. Someone heard/saw your presentation, it made a good impression, and when a customer is ready to buy after a few years, you will be the one they remember. But often the effect is felt immediately.
Here it is worth keeping in mind that conference sponsorship is not limited to your presentation or exhibition at the conference. It should be preceded and followed by several activities:
1) participation in conference pre-promo - interviews, articles, podcasts, logos on advertising materials, social media posts, etc. The pre-promo of the conference reaches a numerically 10-20 times larger audience than those participating in the conference;
2) targeted messages to conference participants - for example, an invitation to participate in a survey, the results of which you can use in your presentation. Also finding out the expectations of the participants - what they want to hear, what information they need;
3) post-conference promo - offers can be made in the e-mail sent after the event, etc.
4) during and after the conference, you can further amplify your participation and presence on your social media channels;
Conferences are your chance to gather valuable contacts and even somewhat warm leads.
1) Before the conference, it is worthwhile to familiarise yourself with the list of participants and select the most interesting clients. You could also write to them and arrange for a meeting at the conference or use the conference platform onsite.
2) In cooperation with the organiser of the conference, it is reasonable to invite the customers you want to win over as your guests for free. And then communicate with them at the conference.
3) In cooperation with the conference organiser, participants can be sent specific offers after the conference.
In conclusion, conference sponsorship can be an effective marketing strategy for businesses of all sizes. By following these strategies, you can establish your brand's presence, connect with potential customers, and ultimately drive business growth. We hope this article has provided you with valuable insights on how to get the most out of your conference sponsorship.